Category: [Security Related]
| The “OSHE” (Online Solutions Hosts Editor) hosts-file editor is an intelligent tool for viewing the contents of the hosts file with an ability to disable, delete and edit any of its lines.
The hosts file often falls victim to various types of malicious software, which modify it in a number of ways. These modifications are made with the purpose of redirecting users to alternative web addresses instead of the ones that users type in the address field of their web browsers or the ones that are used by antiviruses, firewalls or system applications in order to update their components or virus bases.
Key features of “OSHE Hosts Editor”:
· Two viewing modes for fast and efficient comprehension of the hosts file information - as a table and as a text file;
· Instant recovery of the default hosts file if undesirable records have been added to it;
· Indication of date and time of the latest modifications in the hosts file;
· Comfortable search in all viewing modes;
· User’s ability to set ‘Read Only’ file protection.
· Support of visual themes (skins) for users who do care how their favorite software looks.