1. Automatically record phone conversation
2. Record messages from microphone like Dictaphone
3. Voice Activated Recording option available.
4. Playback recorded messages via phone line or computer speakers
5. Record ALL phone calls automatically
6. Built-in automatic gain control software
7. One click Email sending with attached record.
8. Detect and log Caller ID
9. Friendly program interface allows to make quick note to remember call contents
10. Convenient Caller ID popup window
11. Access your records over Local Area Network (LAN)
12. Optional caller ID pop up window on computers connected to LAN
13. Optional remote party notification before recording. It is required by law in some countries.
14. There is Super Spy option for stealth recording.
15. Optional answering machine mode.
16. Recording from data modem is possible (you will need to physically connect your modem and sound card).
17. Convert your records to any voice format! (MP3, WAV, etc)
18. Program size is only 240 KB. Compare that to the footprint of other multi-megabyte software!
Modem Spy records incoming calls automatically, but does not record outbound calls.
A: Modem Spy v2.4 and higher: Select File / Preferences menu item, select Hardware tab, press Setup button and disable dialtone waiting for your modem.
Modem Spy v2.3 and lower: Press Setup button at Modem Spy's main screen button and disable dialtone waiting for your modem.
I can record calls manually, but Modem Spy does not record incoming calls automatically.
A: There is a bug in Modem Spy versions 1.7 and earlier. Solution: Keep caller ID window for NN seconds setting must be greater than Answer a call in NN seconds.
Also, check out if another application do not use modem at the moment. Modem Spy verion 2.0 beta 3 and later will show Call was accepred by another application status message to notify you about this problem. Automatic recording is not possible when that application is running.
What modem would you recommend to buy in order to get the best results?
A: Program will work with any voice modem as well as with any TAPI compatible hardware.
We do not recommend the following modems:
A: Smartlink modems (another name - AMR or HAMR modem) due to several bugs in the driver.
Motorolla modems (SM56 etc) - we have received several complains about these modems. (possible driver bug).
US Robotics - thsese modems have poor sound quality.