| MP3 Tag Rename Introduction : |
Tag&Rename is a powerful, easy-to-use program for organizing and archiving your library of music files. It's solid design handles both the .mp3 and .vqf music formats.
With Tag&Rename, you can quickly and easily rename your music while also editing the embedded tag data used by popular music players - both ID3 and ID3 v2 formats. Tag&Rename makes it easy to edit existing tag information, update for new tagging standards, or write tags for music files which had no previously embedded tags (e.g. bootlegs).
Tag&Rename simplifies the boring and time-consuming task of updating tag information for your music by allowing you to quickly get information from the CDDB1 database or www.allmusic.com site. It can also write or edit tag information based on your music libraries file structure (artist\album\title.mp3 for example). Often many files can be processed with a few clicks using Tag&Rename's built-in automated features.
This program is also very useful for creating playlists - with features like recursive subfolders support and unique file listing. The versatility of Tag&Rename makes it easy for anyone to harness the power of it's features, while also being highly configurable for the advanced user. In addition, we have provided clearly written help files that will answer any questions you might have as well as descriptions of built-in commands to speed up your understanding and use of the program.
New in version 3.0:
* Full support for wma (wmv, asf), ogg and iTunes (m4a and m4p) files
* New data export function - export to txt, csv, xml and html
* Full drag and drop files support
* Copy/paste tag functions
* A lot of interface and functionality improvements
* Much faster than before
New in version 2.16:
* fixed problem with allmusic.com import function
* more hot keys added
* added Write Windows XP compatible ID3v2 tags option
* added Write PCDJ BPM information into standard BPM field option
* some minor changes
* minor bugs fixed
New in 2.10 version:
* added support for freedb compilation cd\'s
* added cover art support in ID3v2 tags
* improved allmusic.com import function
* added support for lyrics, bpm and PCDJ ID3v2 tag fields
* added a lot of other features
New in 2.05 version:
*added MPEGPlus (mp+, mpc) files support (in ID3v1 mode)
now T&R don't reset file creation date after ID3v2/VQF tag editing
ID3v2 and VQF tag read/write speed increased
*added 'Save ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags simultaneously' option in CDDB and allmusic com functions
www.allmusic.com data import fixed
*added 'Save full file path into playlist' and 'Add EXTINF information into playlist' options
a lot of minor changes and fixes
Supported audio formats:
* mp3 - ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.3 tags
* mpc, mp+ (MPEGPlus) - ID3v1.1 tags
* vqf - vqf tags
Tag&Rename is very easy to use and highly configurable. In addition, it has helpful notes and description of menu commands built into the interface to help speed up your understanding and use of the program.