The following installation pages are simplified versions of the installation instructions in the manuals. For additional details, please refer to your hardware instruction manual.
1. Insert the Battery Pack
2. Charge the
3. Turn the PSP™
on and off
4. Put the PSP™
into Sleep Mode
5. Put the PSP™
into Hold Mode
6. Turn the screen
7. Insert and
remove a UMD™
8. Insert and
remove a Memory Stick Duo™
9. Download Videos,
Music and Photos to your PSP™ via your PC
1. How to insert the Battery Pack
Before using the PSP™ system for the first time, the battery must be charged. Insert the battery pack into the system to charge the battery.
- Remove the battery cover by holding down the push button and sliding the battery cover open.
- Insert the battery pack. Align the bottom surface of the battery pack with the system to attach.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Align the tabs and slide the battery cover in the direction of the arrow until it locks firmly into place.
Warning The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible. Do not plug the AC power cord for the PSP™ system into an electrical outlet until you have made all other connections.
2. How to charge the Battery Pack
- Plug the AC power cord into the AC adaptor.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the DC IN 5V connector on the system bottom.
- Plug the AC power cord into an electrical outlet. The power indicator on the PSP™ lights up in orange indicating that charging has begun. The power indicator turns off once the battery is fully charged.
- Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet and disconnect the AC adaptor from the PSP™ system once the system is fully charged.
3. How to turn the PSP™ on and off
To turn the PSP™ system on, locate the power/hold switch on the right side of the PSP™ system. Slide the switch up and release. The system will power up.
To turn the system off, locate the power/hold switch on the right side of the system and slide the switch up and hold for two seconds. The system will shut down.
4. How to put the PSP™ into Sleep Mode
Putting the system into sleep mode allows you to effectively pause any current activity and place the system into a low power sleep state. While in sleep mode, the system turns off the screen, disables any wireless activity, and does not respond to button presses. When power is resumed, these functions are quickly restored and usage can resume with minimal interruption.
NOTE: If sleep mode is cleared during video or audio playback, the screen will return to the home menu.
To enter sleep mode:
With the system turned on and a game playing, slide the power/hold switch up. Hold the switch for less than 2 seconds. The power indicator flashes and then turns off, and the system enters sleep mode.
NOTE: Do not put the system into sleep mode while the Memory Stick Duo™ access indicator is on, as it may cause data loss or corruption. Additionally, not all software will feature the sleep mode function. Please contact the publisher of the title for more information.
To exit sleep mode:
Slide the power/hold switch up again.
If the battery runs out while in sleep mode, when the sleep mode is cleared, the system will not return to the screen that was displayed before entering sleep mode. It is recommended that you save game data before putting the system into sleep mode.